Cheese categories in the competition
Here are the 17 main categories in which cheese will be judged at the 2016 Canadian Cheese Awards/Le Concours des fromages fins canadiens:
• FRESH CHEESE
• FRESH PASTA FILATA CHEESE
• SEMI-SOFT CHEESE
• FETA/CHEESE IN BRINE
• FIRM CHEESE
• FIRM CHEESE WITH HOLES (Swiss-style)
• WASHED RIND CHEESE
• MIXED RIND CHEESE
• BLOOMY RIND CHEESE
• MILD & MEDIUM CHEDDAR (aged up to 9 months)
• OLD CHEDDAR (aged from 9 to 18 months)
• AGED CHEDDAR (aged more than 18 months)
• GOUDA CHEESE
• BLUE CHEESE
• FLAVOURED CHEESE
• SMOKED CHEESE
• GRILLING CHEESE.
Entry in one of the above categories also will make a cheese eligible for nine special awards for which the cheese qualifies:
• BEST COW CHEESE
• BEST GOAT CHEESE
• BEST SHEEP CHEESE
• BEST WATER BUFFALO CHEESE
• BEST BLENDED-MILK CHEESE
• BEST FARMSTEAD CHEESE
• BEST ORGANIC CHEESE
• BEST RAW-MILK CHEESE
• BEST NEW CHEESE (introduced to market during 2015).
Additionally, the cheese will also be in the running for a regional award:
• BEST B.C. CHEESE
• BEST WEST CHEESE (Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba)
• BEST ONTARIO CHEESE
• BEST QUEBEC CHEESE
• BEST ATLANTIC CANADA CHEESE.
All cheeses entered are eligible for the top award:
• GRAND CHAMPION — CANADIAN CHEESE OF THE YEAR
Click here for an explanation of the judging procedure at Canadian Cheese Awards/Le Concours des fromages fins canadiens.
If you have questions on how to enter or experience problems with the online registration system, please contact the Awards Registrar, email email@example.com or telephone 1.866.865.2628.