AWARDS PROGRAM FOR 2020 ON HOLD AS WE SEARCH FOR SPONSORS.
Cheese categories in the competition
Here are the 19 main categories in which cheese will be judged at Canadian Cheese Awards/Le Concours des fromages fins canadiens 2018:
• FRESH CHEESE
• FRESH PASTA FILATA CHEESE
• SEMI-SOFT CHEESE
• FETA/CHEESE IN BRINE
• FIRM CHEESE
• FIRM CHEESE WITH HOLES (Swiss-style)
• WASHED RIND CHEESE
• MIXED RIND CHEESE
• BLOOMY RIND CHEESE
• LACTIC RIPENED CHEESE
• MILD & MEDIUM CHEDDAR (aged up to 9 months)
• OLD CHEDDAR (aged from 9 to 18 months)
• AGED CHEDDAR (aged more than 18 months)
• GOUDA CHEESE
• BLUE CHEESE
• FLAVOURED CHEESE
• FRESH FLAVOURED
• SMOKED CHEESE
• GRILLING CHEESE.
Entry in one of the above categories also will make a cheese eligible for nine special awards for which the cheese qualifies:
• BEST COW CHEESE
• BEST GOAT CHEESE
• BEST SHEEP CHEESE
• BEST WATER BUFFALO CHEESE
• BEST BLENDED-MILK CHEESE
• BEST FARMSTEAD CHEESE
• BEST ORGANIC CHEESE
• BEST RAW-MILK CHEESE
• BEST NEW CHEESE (introduced to market during 2017).
Additionally, the cheese will also be in the running for a regional award:
• BEST B.C. CHEESE
• BEST WEST CHEESE (Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba)
• BEST ONTARIO CHEESE
• BEST QUEBEC CHEESE
• BEST ATLANTIC CANADA CHEESE.
All cheeses entered are eligible for the top award:
• GRAND CHAMPION — CANADIAN CHEESE OF THE YEAR
Click here for an explanation of the judging procedures at Canadian Cheese Awards/Le Concours des fromages fins canadiens.
If you have questions on how to enter or experience problems with the online registration system, please contact the Awards Registrar, email email@example.com or telephone 1.613.893.0959.